Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tell Me Who I Am

In my ongoing quest to figure out what I want to be when I grow up--yes, I know it probably feels as though I have been going through this phase for a painfully long time--just a mere 50 years-one would think I'd have it all together by now.  Think how I feel!  All this soul searching has taken me into serious territory that really has opened some doors for me that I plan to or have already walked through.  And that's a big yeah!  But I also am one to not pass up on a good time so it has certainly not been all moody work and no play.  

My daughter Taylor recently sent me two websites that I would consider a total waste of time except for the fact that I went ahead and wasted my time on them and kept tapping my computer screen to see who was sitting behind it, spitting out personality descriptions that could not be more accurate if I had written them myself.  Seeing the words printed out really brings home all the nuts and bolts of who you are--good, bad and otherwise.  Certainly I am cut from a specific cloth and might as well embrace that as soon as I can in order to move forward.  

Typealyzer is a fun spot that allows one to type in their blog website and some creative mind behind the scene spits out a description of what that blog owner is like.  Three of us in my house have a blog and we all were sucked right in.  And guess what?  As diverse as our personalities and blogs are, it was spot on all three times.  Being the big, comfortable in my own skin kind of girl that I am (hah! plus you can look it up for yourself anyway), I will share how it describes the owner of parisetcie.blogspot.com:  

Scary but true.  And, God love them, they gave me a glass of bubbly to illustrate all the fun-ness I am capable of!!  Apparently, I will never be the boss of you which is fine by me and as far as not making plans--maybe that's why I am just coming into my own now.  

This may come as a shock, but I'm not making any major life decisions based on this little cartoon drawing.  But it is accurate and even picking a blog title is part and parcel of who I am. Who knew.  Clearly the person living inside my computer did.

Go forth and have fun with this site.  You can figure out who all the people are that write the blogs you visit day in and day out.  Could be scary!  Should you stop by tomorrow, you will be sent in quite a different direction....equally revealing. 

Photo credit:  gadl@flickr, typealyzer 

2 comments:

Phivos Nicolaides said...

What a lovely post Kim. I also like your new banner!

Kim said...

Thanks Phillip. My daughter took the picture while she was in Paris in December and made it for me.