Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Liza: Contemporary Lebanese Cuisine

Now that I have dragged you to the 2nd arrondisement by sending you to the Salon du Dessin in yesterday's post, I feel it is my duty to direct you to a fabulous meal while you happen to be in that area.  This part of town isn't overly touristy so you'd really need some advice on where to dine if you have never been. That's why I'm here.  

Liza is a wonderful Lebanese inspired restaurant serving up delicious Middle Eastern cuisine.  Really think 'haute cuisine' as she takes all the dishes that we know and love from that part of the world and elevates mezzé you might find at street carts to gourmet status.  While all the traditional ingredients are there--chickpeas, eggplant, lamb--they have been given a contemporary twist with a nod to their French environ.  My lunch was a sampling platter at 18 euro served in a beautiful silver tray making the whole experience feel as though I was really no longer in Paris.  



For those of you wanting something lighter or possibly to take along with you, there is 'L de Liza' right next door--a bakery that serves sandwiches, soups and salads alongside breads and sweets that have to be tried.  

So there is a perfect little way to spend an afternoon in Paris--art outside the walls of a museum and food that will take you outside the French bistro.  Enjoy. 

Additional information:
14, rue de la Banque  75002
Métro:  Bourse

Photos:  Liza 

3 comments:

Lily said...

Thanks for the tip!
Looks very inviting.
I also loved the art in the post below. (I'm an artist and a gallery owner and a writer...)

I also would like to tell you about a post I have written today in order to warn people, so that this kind of thing won'
t happen to them:
http://ahealthierwayofliving.blogspot.com/2009/03/chiropractic-as-questionable-method.html
greetings from scandinavia, sarah sofia

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Excellent tip.. I'll be in Paris mid April and will be certainly to check Liza's out... I love Lebanese food so am certain I am in for a treat!!

Kim said...

You will love it!