Saturday, May 17, 2008

Journeys of Another Kind

 
It has been a crazy, hectic week at my house and will continue to be so for the next little while.  Last Friday, my younger daughter, Kylie had her senior prom.  She asked if we could host a pre-prom picture party where parents were able to come and photograph their son or daughter with their date before the dance.  I was happy to do it and provided cocktails and hors d'oeuvres for the parents since we didn't get to dress up and go dancing till the wee hours!! Bummer!  


A week later, we find ourselves in the middle of our older twin daughters graduation from the University of Notre Dame.  A three day extravaganza of ceremonies, pre and post ceremonies for the ceremonies, baccalaureate mass and the culmination, cap and gown procession on Sunday.  Knowing their mom as they do, my twins asked about a month ago if I would consider hosting a dinner party at our home (we live 4 miles from the university) for their friends and all their families coming in town for the weekend. I was more than happy to do for them as I did for my younger daughter so last night we kicked the weekend off with a bang!  


 
These two cuties are my babies,  Taylor and Lindsay and last night we celebrated their graduation with 200 guests of which we knew not many.  Grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, siblings, parents--a whole mixed bag of people showed up for cocktails and dinner and what an evening it was.  Busy and crazy to say the least, but a wonderful way to share in the accomplishments of all these kids during the last four years.  



Here is the big, beautiful crew.  All these young men and women are so accomplished already--it is a bit overwhelming.  If they are our future, I know for a fact that the world is in good hands.  

Lins and Tay,  I could not be more proud of you if I tried.  I love you both so very, very much!

2 comments:

Phivos Nicolaides said...

What a great idea and a fantastic result on your blog.

Philip

Kim said...

Just found your comment! It was so much fun but so very exhausting. Today we are all moving very slowly after such a busy weekend ;-)