Thursday, August 21, 2008

M. Chapoutier For A Better World

FINALLY...my entire family is under one roof.  First time in over a year and for exactly....3 days.  One daughter came home for a bit, one is leaving on tomorrow for college and one is taking off in late September for the year.  Our entrance is really a revolving door these days.  As much as it tugs on my heartstrings, I am glad to know that I have raised three independent women who choose a path in life that will take them far and wide, with no fear.  I could not ask for more.  

To celebrate, I prepared a fancy meal for all of us last evening and poured a yummy Côtes du Rhône to go with it that I found at Whole Foods.  Belleruche was not only fruity and  fresh, it has one other thing going for it that I had never seen before.  Look closely at my grainy (sorry) photo and what do you see??  Yes, the label is written in Braille.  Perhaps I lead a sheltered life but seriously, I have never seen that before.  Digging a bit deeper, I found the reason.  

M. Chapoutier has been using Braille on their labels since 1996. (Where have I been?). This is a symbolic bow to Maurice Monier de La Sizeranne, owner of land in Hermitage, La Sizeranne, who also is the inventor of the first version of abbreviated Braille.  If you take a peek at their website, I think you will be most impressed with the convictions of the company and once you taste their wine, you will be further convinced that they do the right thing.  

3 comments:

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Kim, there is a Greek saying which calls: "Drink wine to have long live"!

Kim said...

I will do my best to live up to your saying Philip!!

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Yes Kim, but there is another ancient Greek saying which calls "everything in moderation", never exaggerate!