Monday, March 2, 2009

Paris In 1900: Rare Film Footage of the Paris Exposition

Yesterday I posted a photo showing a crystal display at an unidentified location during the Universal Exposition of 1900.  What I share today is so much better--actual film footage taken throughout the city showcasing not only the tremendous feats of man but man marveling in all the tremendous feats. .  Have you ever seen the move Kate and Leopold?  Two reasons you should: Hugh Jackman is the lead.  Enough said.  Second, it takes place in the past and the present New York city, overlapping and suggesting time travel and past lives. I feel that way about Paris--that I am somehow connected to it from another time.  I know what you're thinking and no, drugs were not involved while writing this post. I teared up watching Parisians thoroughly enjoying themselves on a new moving walkway.  You will see a sandy, gravel covered Champs Élysée with buggy traffic precariously traveling in no specific pattern.   I'll stop now.  Don't want to wreck it for you.   It's long--about eight minutes. Stick with it.  You'll be glad you did.  


No comments: