Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, New Challenges

For someone who LOVES the holidays, I am equally grateful when they are over.  All the entertaining and eating and family and tree needles all over the floor gets to be just too much.  Today, the house is silent, save for the needles dropping on the floor.  I can focus on the new year, what I hope it brings and all the things I need to do in order be prepared.  

2008 was one whopper of a year for my family and I think we are all glad to put it behind us and see what lies ahead.  All five of us are transitioning in various ways which makes for much disconnect, something we as a family aren't use to.  Thankfully, we are able to support one another even though as individuals we are spinning off in unlikely directions.  Experience tells me that those who can ride the waves are going to be more successful so I have my wet suit on and am hoping for an exhilarating ride.  As I write this, my daughter, just back from France, is off to our neighborhood coffee house to try and plan her life while I am off for my first job interview in over 20 years.  It's weird, I am old enough to be the mom of the person interviewing me.  When did the world get to be so young??

Well, keep a good thought for me.  I should be nervous but getting to my stage in life has some advantages--I feel fairly secure in my skin and only know how to be me.  Curious to see how far that will get me.  I'll keep you posted.  

No comments: