And it continues to be so. Yesterday, I received a comment on one of my recent posts from Toma, The Antiques Diva, telling me to visit her blog as there was a little gift waiting for me on her site. You must know that this woman is my idol as she has managed to weave together all her passions into a life that she shares with a wonderful husband in Amsterdam. Take a look at all that she does--you too might become a regular reader. Anyway, yesterday, she had honored me and five others bloggers with:
She had been given the same award a few days prior from someone that's a regular reader on her site. With all the blogs out there to read and share, it is nice to know that someone thinks enough about what you do/write and tells others about it. Recognition is not why I blog but is heartwarming when it happens.
There are some stipulations attached to this award that I need to follow through on. First, I must let The Antiques Diva know that I have mentioned this award which I am in the process of doing right now. Second, I have to list 6 things I value in this world and 6 things that I don't. Finally, I must send you on your way to visit 6 blogs that I would honor in a similar way--ones that I read daily and really enjoy. OK--let's get started.
Things that I value:
- First and foremost, my family. Both the one I am responsible for creating and all the crazy characters around the world that I share DNA with.
- Blogging-it has opened some interesting doors for me.
- Being open minded and global in thought and action
- Being able to laugh at myself
- Constantly wanting to learn new things
- A great glass of wine
- Narrow mindedness
- Intense aerobic exercise (walking is good)
- Traffic--hard to avoid in the cities I love most
- Hot flashes
- Crappy wine
- Cucinae Lontano--an Italian blog featuring Mediterranean inspired foods written by my friend Jean-Michel
- BibliOdyssey--a treasure trove of unusual and eclectic bookart
- Stuff Parisians Like--a very irreverent look at issues that consume the French mind
- The Nihon Sun--a guide to all things one must do in Tokyo written by my friend Shane Sakata
- A Huge Expanse of Sky--a young woman making her way through the twists and turns living in Chicago. (my beautiful daughter Taylor)
- À La Belle Étoile--musings of living and teaching English in a small provincial town in France. (my beautiful daughter Lindsay)
Photo credit: andyp uk@flickr