Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes

WOW!

There has been a shift.  As I ran around the city taking care of errands you could feel it.   Chicago, the nation, perhaps the world is reeling from a jubilant hangover as our country moves forward in a direction that it has never seen before.  This man has a huge task before him.  We all are part of that task.  But with his voice, his optimism, his understanding and openness leading the way, it is one that certainly Americans can handle.  My patriotism has waned over these last few years and with good reason.  It was restored last night.  I and millions like me are hopeful once again.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Kim, have you thought through the real and long-term ramifications of Obama's election?

It represents the death of late-night television as we know it!! Who will Leno and Letterman and everyone else mock now that a well-spoken, hope-spreading, confidence-building president takes over the helm?

Kim said...

Chubbs, I do believe Tina Fey is going to have to star in yet another NBC sitcom about a small town in Alaska and the misadventures of one of its residents.

Anonymous said...

i like the new look!!! it's beautiful :)

Kim said...

thanks--me too. my favorite painting in the world

Taylor said...

moi aussi, j'aime le nouvel look! ;)